Liver Transplantation and Liver Cancer Research
Synergism of the Research Platforms
- Molecular mechanisms linking to liver graft injury and liver cancer recurrence after liver transplantation.
- Molecular mechanisms of liver graft injury in affecting post-transplantation liver regeneration and development of fibrosis and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
- Immunological mechanism in regulating hepatic injury of marginal grafts in liver transplantation.
- Molecular mechanism of liver metabolism in marginal graft injury in liver transplantation
- Cancer immunology in liver cancer development and metastasis
- Genetic and molecular mechanisms of chemoresistance of liver cancer
- Immunological and molecular mechanisms of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection and post-operative recurrence
- Development of human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC-MSCs)-mediated therapeutic strategy for treatment of liver cancer
- Development of hiPSC-MSC-mediated tissue repair in liver regeneration and liver fibrosis
- Identification and development of novel circulating biomarkers for liver cancer recurrence and HBV recurrence after liver transplantation
- Development of hydrogel-based therapeutic strategy for treatment of liver cancer
- Application of innovative in vivo imaging systems for cancer detection and therapeutic monitoring
- Development of novel immunotherapy in liver cancer treatment.
- Development of effective therapeutic strategy for combating liver cancer chemoresistance
- Application of innovative robotic technology for treatment of liver cancer
Prof Man's Research Team Photo
Selected International Awards
Rising Star Award (ILTS), 2019
Young Investigator Award (ILTS), 2018
Rising Star Award (ILTS), 2018
Rising Star Award (ILTS), 2016
Young Investigator Award (TTS), 2016
Mentor and Mentee Award (TTS), 2016
Mentor and Mentee Award, Young Investigator Award (TSS), 2015
Young Investigator Award (TTS), 2012